Friday, August 12, 2011

Critisizing the Curator

1. Which projects did you review?
I reviewed a couple different projects. 
- Nature Affected by Cassandra Krajewski
- Life in Color by Lydia Merlo
- I Want to be Inspired by Joanna Limpert 
and the project that I chose, How Bizarre…How Bizarre (A Venture into the World of Surreal Art) by Curator Debbie Russell

2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
I selected Debbie's project because I like art that goes beyond the typical and has an imaginative craziness to it. The title originally drew me to her project and the content made my final decision easy. 
 
3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
I had a tough time writing a critique about an exhibit and trying to fill two pages. I think it may have been a little easier if the exhibit was real and I was there to take everything in. I looked at the project I selected a few times and tried to pick a few works that I could connect with.
 
4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
I have to say that being critical of a classmates work is a little uneasy. Who am I to judge someones art, I neither have the formal education or art experience to judge someones work. I just tried to figure out whether the Curator chose pieces that truly fit her title.

5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?
I would love to read what others wrote about my project, they would have an unbiased opinion towards my work.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
I would rate my article a 10 of course, its complete and I did my best to adhere to the instructions given. 
 
7. Did you enjoy working on this project?
This is actually one of the projects that I did enjoy and wasn't looked at as grueling. There is a ton of freedom as to what theme you pick and countless works found to demonstrate your theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment