Friday, August 12, 2011

From Then to Now


1. What were you expectations for this course and were they met?
 My original expectations for this course were to analyze and understand different types of art. I think that I have a better understanding of the styles of art and the movements and how they led from one style into another. It seems that art just keep building on itself and there will always be somewhere different to go.

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your intial posting?
During my initial discussion I answered this question with "I believe art is all around us, it impacts our senses and emotions.". I would now define it in the same sense but add that art is deliberate and not just thrown together as I previously thought (abstract art).


3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
In my first post I didn't have a favorite artist but two that I am drawn to are Henri Matisse and David Hockney. I really enjoyed the Matisse vs Picasso video that we watched, I had no clue that the two artists worked off of one another. I enjoyed the Hockney video but there was just something about the artist, he is just so talented.


4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different.
I have never taken an online course so I took two this summer, never again! I started both classes at the same time and the work load was overwhelming. I would have had a rough time even if I didn't work full time. For some reason I assumed that both classes were ending in June and was surprised that this class went until August 13th.I will not make that mistake again and will either take just one class or take one during session A and another the following session. I'm still not sure if the work was just too much or maybe I did too much. I am taking another online course in the fall along with a typical course.

No comments:

Post a Comment