Saturday, June 18, 2011

Color and Value

1. Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel.
I enjoyed working on this assignment, I haven't picked up a pencil in so long I don't remember. The paints were something entirely new, I think other than painting my living room that would be a first since 9th grade.

2. Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why?
I think I actually enjoyed working with the paint the best.  The colors are so deep and the paint was so easy to work with that I didn't have much trouble. The one problem I did have was the magenta, it was very watery and I think it was old.


3. What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies?
Lets see, I discovered that I still can't shade for $@#!. I always had a problem with shading, everything ends up being too dark, charcoal is my nemesis.


4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
I had not idea about the primary colors. I remember from 2nd grade, probably working on the same project but starting out with blue, red and yellow. It amazed myself and my wife that the cyan, magenta and yellow were the true primary colors. I liked the videos but I thought the Value video could have used some more explanation about different pencils etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment