Saturday, June 11, 2011

Elements and Principles of Design...

Starting to stress about this project early on, I took the elements/principles and tried to study them as best I could. It almost seems that there is at least one of these tools in everything around us. 

I decided to look for these objects around my own home. My daughter in the driveway set me on this journey, seeing her lying there drawing and having all her toys set up around her, it was just perfect. The video games I just stacked and attempted to fan them out into form. The bee bees were from my son's room, I set them into a glass bowl and zoomed in tight to obtain that shot. I know I wanted to use my dog for texture but trying to get her to look at the camera was a chore to say the least. I think she got tired of me following her around the house and taking her picture because she finally relented. 

I know everyone is looking at the grill and saying, why the heck does he have grass in there? I forgot to put the cover on my grill and haven’t used it for a month or so. I open it up and discover that some bird decided to make a nest. The grass was piled inside all the way to the top of the cover, so I just had to take a picture of it. I then had to clean the mess that was inside and around it (I cropped out what the birds left me around it) ha. The other photos were just things that I had hanging around. 

I had a good time going through the list and attempting to match the elements and principles to each photo. Here is the finished product:

Through my eyes. 



2 comments:

  1. Mike, first of all I love your blog!I like how descriptive you are about the enture process of capturing the elements and principles, the challenges, the triumphs, the funny tidbits and stories about each. Your pictures, and final slideshow is personal to you, and I can see that. It makes it all the more interesting for the viewer (me) to look at. Personally I like the photo of the birds nest in the grill, and the collection of bee bees. I thought each picture in the entire slide captured the element/principle, but those two photos especially captured an interest for me. Great job on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought you did, my son was the center in some of my pictures and then I just started taking pictures of things around him at my house. I liked all the pictures i thought they all went really well with the elements and principles. I really liked the texture one of the dog, it was different and i would have never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete